General Information - Reporting Absences
Procedures For Reporting Your Student Absent
- Parents should call the school (813-872-5335) and press “1”.
- Please call in by 10:00 AM daily to report an absence. In other words, if a student is ill for three days, the parent needs to call all three days (prior to 10:00 AM).
- Please give the following information:
- Caller’s name and relationship to student
- Student’s legal name
- Student’s grade level
- Reason for absence
- Daytime telephone number where the caller can be reached for verification if deemed necessary.
- If a student has excessive unexcused and/or excused absences (eight or more) over the course of the school year, the parent/guardian may be required to show documentation (doctor’s note, etc.) A conference with an administrator may be set to discuss the excessive absences. A letter will be mailed home after the eighth absence for the year.
- All absences are considered unexcused unless the parent calls before 10:00 AM on each day of the absence. Unexcused absences have a negative effect on grades, as it results in a grade of “zero” for assessments and or graded work missed. Remember, students accumulate unexcused absences when parents do NOT call-in the absences.