AVID students are enrolled in Honors and Advanced Placement classes as well as the AVID elective. The AVID elective is one period a day where students:
- focus on organizational and study skills
- work on critical thinking skills
- learn how to ask probing questions
- receive academic help from peers and college tutors
- participate in enrichment and motivational activities that make college attainable
AVID students become academically successful leaders and role models for other students. The AVID program guides students in developing a plan to implement to ensure the highest academic success possible and be accepted to a four year university.
As an AVID participant, you will have the opportunity to meet counselors and university personnel for guidance on preparation for the future. If you are beginning to wonder what courses you should take in high school, how to research and apply to colleges, or what skills you will need to be successful, AVID is the place to start, now!
We hope that you will take advantage of this educational experience and become part of the AVID team.
If you have any questions, please contact: